Talk about first world problems… I flew to Melbourne a few weeks ago on an upgraded to Business Class flight. I took the red eye to save me some time (being a business owner means there is no one to pick up the slack while you are away). And I got 1.5 hours sleep. It was beautiful, solid, deep sleep. But it was only one and a half hours.
It’s not like I was in Melbourne for important business reasons but I was there to spend quality time with my BFF (and yes to SHOP!) I didn’t feel too bad but I probably managed the fatigue in the wrong way (with lots of caffeine and carbs). Which is why I decided to research what to do next time. And share my findings with you!
If you are bloody exhausted try these things:
- Don’t drink too much caffeine – one or two drinks is best
- Eat a healthy diet that includes lots of iron (oysters, silverbeet, steak, lamb, cashews & eggs are a good place to start)
- Don’t skip meals but don’t eat too much
- Drinks lots of water
- Get some exercise
- Don’t spend any money on a shopping trip until you’ve had a good night’s sleep!
If you want to avoid being bloody exhausted try these things:
- Find ways to relax (learn to do NOTHING!)
- Try meditation
- Find ways to have fun
- Get regular physical activity
- Eat well
- Aim for at least 7 hours sleep at night
- Avoid using your computer or phone for an hour or more before bed
- Assess your overall lifestyle – is there something big that you should try to change? (job, relationship, location