In case you haven’t noticed, I love essential oils! The reason I love them is they smell good (duh), they make me feel great, they support both physical symptoms and moods. Plus they are natural and non-evasive.
It’s very easy to get addicted to essential oils (especially the doTERRA ones that I use) so I thought I would give you my top 5 favourites. I think these are especially good for women over 40.
So, in no particular order…
- Wild Orange – this one might just be my favourite. It smells fresh and fruity just like freshly squeezed orange juice, but on steroids.
Physically – Wild Orange is great for sluggish digestion and insomnia. Plus it is very supportive during menopause.
Emotionally – This oil is beautiful for relieving anxiety and uplifting the mood. It helps to feel abundant and playful so its good when life has gotten too serious.
You can use doTerra Wild Orange in cooking (yes really!) or aromatically through diffusing or inhaling. And you can apply it directly to the skin (wrists, back of the neck, soles of the feet).*
- Balance Blend – is a beautiful grounding blend of tree oils and roots. Of course this is great to help you feel grounded. I especially love to use it before a yoga class – because it really helps with balance – of course!
Physically – Balance is great for back pain.
Emotionally – I would use this blend when I feel anxious, emotionally unbalanced, grief, fear or when I want to boost energy.
This blend is great used on pulse points and/or the souls of the feet or through diffusion.
- Lemon – Wow! This one is fantastic. I used up my 5ml sample bottle in about 2 weeks. I think every home can benefit from Lemon essential oil.
Physically – Is great for detox, hangovers, infection support, fever and so much more!
Emotionally – Lemon is great at helping you to let go of unneeded thoughts so you become more focused, alert and joyful.
I love lemon because you can add it to your drinking water (it kind of tastes like candy!) And to be honest I’ve added it to vodka and soda water (yummo!). You can also diffuse this oil or apply it to the skin.*
- Clary Calm – this is a doTerra blend that comes in a little roller bottle. It contains Clary Sage, Lavender, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Cedar Wood, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Fennel, Carrot Seed, Palmarosa & Vitex.
Physically & Emotionally – This Blend is essential for all women. It helps to balance hormones to reduce hot flushes, PMS and other menstruation or menopausal symptoms.
This can be applied to the skin or diffused (or inhaled). Do what one of my friends does, and trace a love heart around your belly button every single day.
- Peppermint – I actually wore this oil today as part of my aromatic dressing (I’ll explain in a sec). And I smelt like a Christmas Candy Cane! This doTERRA oil can also be used in cooking.
Physically – there are a million things that peppermint can help with (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration!) But it’s great for headaches, muscle pain, nausea, hot flushes and so much more!
Emotionally – Peppermint helps to clear the head, and to feel buoyant and optimistic.
It can be applied to the skin, diffused or added to food or beverages (if the oil is food grade).
Now, aromatic dressing is adding a few drops of 3-5 oils to fractionated coconut oil and rubbing it into your body after a shower. A great way to feel amazing from the benefits of the oils but to also make your skin feel soft, smooth and pampered. Every single day!
* Please note that citrus oils will make this skin photo sensitive so, be careful of your skin in sunlight for 12 hours after application.
Using beautiful essential oils is one way to feel fab when you are over 40, but so is a great diet, gentle exercise routine and stress management. If you’d like to learn more please sign up for my free 3-part video series below. And if you’d like to learn more about the oils email me at firstname.lastname@example.org